Sub.mission Agency is proud to represent Pinch & Peverelist North American Tour!
The UK has long been a leading light in the advancement of worldwide dance music culture with the city of Bristol being a central pillar throughout. During the early 00’s the dubstep sound emerged from South London, carving a decisive new path and yielding rhythmical mutations that would reverberate globally for years to come. Around this time, Bristol quickly emerged as dubstep’s second city, continuing a bass music legacy, following the footsteps of fellow citizens Massive Attack, Portishead and Roni Size.
Two key figures from this new Bristol movement helped shape much of this direction. A community formed around the many of the activities of Pinch and Peverelist; via their label output on Tectonic and Punch Drunk but also through Pev’s work at Rooted Records store and Pinch’s Subloaded events.
In the years that followed the pair maintained an appetite for new rhythmical forms, as expressed by the continued output of Tectonic, Pinch’s newer label Cold Recordings and Peverelist’s Livity Sound imprint - as well as numerous vital productions for labels including Swamp 81 and Hessle Audio. Tracks like ‘Croydon House’ and ‘Raw Code’ helped lay the foundations of one of the defining sounds of the current UK underground.
This fall brings these two titans of the underground for a series of very special back-to-back DJ sets, representing Bristol and UK soundsystem culture to the fullest. Expect a sonic journey that encompasses a multitude of influences ranging through various shades of techno to dubstep, jungle and grime - rhythms to move your mind and your feet.
September 7th will see a collaborative release, titled 'In Deep', a DJ mix and compilation gathering choice cuts from Pinch & Pev’s respective imprints, showcasing their own productions alongside many highlights from their label rosters. The mix will be available to stream on all major platforms including Spotify and Apple Music as well as a bundle purchase which includes the mix and all the individual tracks featured.
For further information & North America bookings, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Pinch ‘No Justice’ (Tectonic)
2. Peverelist ‘Under Clearing Skies’ (Livity Sound)
3. Walton ‘Point Blank’ (Tectonic)
4. Kowton ‘Shots Fired’ (Livity Sound)
5. PHON.O ‘V3R5U5’ (Cold Recordings)
6. Forest Drive West ‘Scanners’ (Livity Sound)
7. Pinch & Mumdance ‘Strobe Light’ (Tectonic)
8. Simo Cell ‘Stop The Killing’ (Livity Sound)
9. Walton Feat. Wen ‘Vectors’ (Tectonic)
10. Kowton ‘Pea Soup’ (Livity Sound)
11. Mumdance & Logos ‘Chaos Engine’ (Tectonic)
12. Asusu ‘Sendak’ (Livity Sound)
13. Mumdance & Logos ‘Hall Of Mirrors (Perc & Truss remix)’
14. Peverelist & Hodge ’21 Versions’ (Livity Sound)
15. Nurve Feat. Caski ‘Brain Sugar’ (Tectonic)
16. Via Maris ‘Swarm’ (Livity Sound)
17. Hugo Massien ‘Advanced Aerial Threat’ (Tectonic)
18. Forest Drive West ‘Escape’ (Livity Sound)
19. Pinch & Mumdance ‘Big Slug (Instrumental)’ (Tectonic)
20. Randomer & Hodge ‘Simple As’ (Livity Sound)
Social media links: